Springtime swap! I've signed up for the Knitters Treat Exchange, which sounds like fun. Here is my questionnaire...
1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
Natural fibers! Colorwise, greens are my favorite. (Celadon!) But there are so many other colors that I like too. Right now I am really enjoying chocolate brown paired with blues, pinks or yellow. I like knitting with alpaca and soft merino wool...mmm, yum...a few favorite yarns I've knit with are Manos del Uraguay, Malabrigo and Noro Silk Garden. I also like petting the silk blends at the yarn shop.
2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
Acrylic. Also I can't knit with black yarn...can't see the stitches!
3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
It depends. Usually I have a pattern and am searching for a specific yarn. I also usually try to figure out how the yarn is organized...by weight, fiber, color or what... and see if there are any sales! And I check the color selection of staples like Cascade 220 and Lamb's Pride.
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I like to sew small things, like zipper pouches, tissue holders, aprons, and the occasional bag. I like pretty paper and have tried to make cards. I also love to bake...is that a craft?
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Sunset and Bark, but there are so many others I like perusing...
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
It really depends on the magazine! Here's my order:
- Food/Home/Garden/Fashion (like Blueprint or Real Simple)
- Celebrity gossip (guilty pleasure)
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
Since I cannot knit for too long at once (tendonitis), I am unable to knit all the things I would like...so I usually stick to small things, like the Sweet Mary Janes and capelets. My first sweater has been in progress for *gulp* almost a year now...
8. Are you allergic to anything?
I don't think so.
9. What do you like to* smell of?
(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
Some of my favorite smells are freesia, grapefruit, yuzu, green tea...so I guess I'd like to smell of those.
10. What's your favourite way to relax?
I like to play with my beagle, knit, sew, read magazines or a good book, watch movies, go to baseball games, bake and eat cupcakes. I also love a nice foot massage. Naps are nice. And I enjoy swimming and hiking.
11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
I have to choose? I think most likely the bakery first.
12. What do you come out with?
Pie...or cupcakes...or bread pudding.
13. Where do you go next?
Probably the Italian cafe, for coffee and some Italian cookies like biscotti...or another dessert...cannoli with candied pistachios...mmm. Or maybe the tea room for tea and sandwiches and scones. Hard to decide!
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I am really excited about this exchange!